Coming Soon ~ Information for EAPD 2 & EAPD 3
2-Day EAPD Course Objectives:
Working with Chris and the horses in EAPD is an opportunity for participants to enjoy discovering, through enhanced self-awareness, numerous practical and essential learning objectives:
* To be able to communicate clearly, respectfully and consistently with evolved self-awareness for unambiguous messages.
* Confidence, empathy and non-threatening messages are congruent with all words, tone of voice and body language.
* Develop awareness for distinction between assertion/aggression
* Develop awareness for distinction between authentic empathy, “magical thinking” and illusions.
* Accept and incorporate feedback from others
* Develop increased Self-Assurance and Resiliency
* Experience that personal development can be FUN!
* Give and receive clear supportive feedback, encouragement, and realistic praise to establish mutually advantageous relationships.
* Authentically apply the lessons discovered within the process of connecting with and leading the vulnerability and stress in horses to the connection with and leadership of Self, family, community and peer support within the workplace and our natural environment.
Irwin Insights 2-Day EAPD Course Outline
DAY 1: YOUR HORSE IN-HAND
09:00 – 09:45: Participants Meet & Greet. Group discussion on why horses for personal development?
09:45– 10:30: Relationships are Energy ~ Chris Irwin demo with horses
10:45 -12:30: BE THE HORSE YOU WANT TO SEE
Teams of 2 or 3 participants work together to establish connection of communication to earn team leadership and support with horses.
12:30 – 13:30 – LUNCH & GROUP DISCUSSION
TOPIC: Of all the life and leadership skills that both horses and humans require in a leader, what is the most essential skill to be developed and demonstrated?
13:45 – 15:30: The Horse In Hand
Beyond words, what is energetically needed to establish relationships as mutually respectful and trusting, calm, focused, forward and productive?
15:45 – 17:00: Group discussion on how “horse sense” insights relate to personal life, leadership and relationships. Assignment of homework questions.
DAY 2: CALM & COLLECTED
09:00 – 09:30: Group discussion of homework.
09:45 – 10:30: With horses: review of straightness, bending and In-Hand exercises.
10:30 – 12:30: Participants “take the reins” for driving
12:30 – 13:30: LUNCH
13:30 – 14:30: Wheel of Horse Sense
Open group discussion on how personal insights emerging from working with horse sense is a model for ongoing personal development.
14:45 – 15:00: Demo by Chris on the distinction between the micro-management of In-hand exercises and the delegation of “free rein” when appropriate.
Objective: Develop increased awareness for when and why to “hold on” and when and why to “let go” and give free rein.
15:00 – 16:00: All participants practice practical application of maintaining connection with free rein.
16:00 – 17:00: Closing group discussion on where and how to go forward in life with new awareness and insights for personal behavior.